You are here:
Optrak Container Transport Planning and Vehicle Routing
Optrak's vehicle routing software has been enhanced to allow companies transporting containers to plan their movements more accurately leading to better utilisation of vehicle and container resources, lower transport costs of up to 20% and increased transport planning accuracy.
The powerful new functionality can manage a number of container movement scenarios:
- picking up a container from the docks, delivering the contents to a customer location and then taking the empty container to a restitution point.
- picking up an empty container from the docks, transporting it to a customer site where it is loaded with goods and then delivering the container to the docks.
- full containers are transported from the docks to a customer to be unloaded. The empty container is taken to a new customer and loaded, and the full container returned to a dock or port.
By using Optrak to solve these complex container collection and delivery problems, companies can better manage fleets that are engaged solely in container movements, or, run an integrated fleet with normal multi-drop planning and scheduling requirements.
If you have containers to schedule, then Optrak can deliver the following benefits:
- optimise container movements
- decrease empty running
- reduce fuel costs
- minimise overall carbon emissions.