Graduate Opportunity: Operations Research
Optrak is looking to recruit a graduate to join our team working Vehicle Routing and related optimisation problems.
You should have a degree in Operations Research or another STEM field (but candidates with alternative career paths will be considered).
Work is hybrid, with flexible hours. However, new recruits will be expected to spend a substantial part of their time at offices in Ware, Hertfordshire. Part-time applicants are welcome, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
You will be working on a variety of Operations Research and Analytics projects, primarily in the area of logistics – these could be customer facing, related to on-going research projects or in conjunction with internal software development.
Internal tools and programming languages include LocalSolver and Python. Our main vehicle routing software development is in Scala and Rust and learning these would also be possible.
The following skills are useful and directly related to the position. However, candidates are not expected to have all skills:
- Academic or professional work related to the Operations Research and the Vehicle Routing Problem and its variants in particular.
- Other logistics or supply chain optimisation.
- Other logistics related work experience and knowledge of logistics-related software and systems.
- Experience with optimisation solver packages
- Substantial general programming experience ideally on a medium to large scale project.
- Functional programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Heuristics and meta-heurstics
- Data analysis including SQL
- Machine learning
- Geographic Information Systems
On-the-job learning and training
Optrak is firmly committed to ensuring that all staff have ample opportunity to develop their skill-sets through on-line learning, mentoring, conference attendance, self-study and training courses. We use modern software tools and languages and track the latest academic research in our fields of operation.
Optrak works extensively with UK academic institutions having a number of collaborative projects. Although Intellectual Property is a critical corporate resource, opportunities do arise for in-house or joint research leading to conference presentations and academic publication.
Optrak is a specialist Vehicle Routing software company, based in the UK. We are proud of our friendly, inclusive work environment. Optrak is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter it would be helpful if you could highlight how your CV matches the list of useful skills given above.